To Sign up for your First Card
Your first library card is Free.
You must be at least 18 years of age OR have a parent/legal guardian to apply for library card
For an adult card
- Request an application at the front desk
- You must sign the application at the front desk
- Bring — two documents of identification — must include a photo ID and a current address.
- A librarian will then sign and complete your application for your library card.
For a juvenile card
- You must be a minor between 3 and 17 years of age
- Request an application at the front desk.
- Parent or legal guardian must be present with you. They must have a library card as well. The librarian will add the juvenile to the family “Group” in the computer.
- Make sure he or she brings their driver’s license and proof of current address on a separate document
- You and your parent will need to sign the application at the front desk
- Patrons signing the card application agree to be responsible for all materials borrowed.
- Library cards are renewed every year at no cost
- The library recommends not loaning your personal library card to anyone.
- All materials checked out on your card are your responsibility.
- Patrons must have their library card with them to check out items.
Patrons must have their library card with them to check out items.
All items are due back before closing on the date printed on the receipt handed to each patron at the time of check-out.
All items returned in the drop-box after business hours are checked in on the next business day.
When you apply for a library card, you accept responsibility for returning borrowed materials on time and in the same condition in which you received them.
Failure to return library materials or failure to pay for lost materials will result in the loss of borrowing privileges for the cardholder.
When a child applies for the library card, the parent or legal guardian accepts responsibility for the library materials borrowed by their minor child. Failure to return library materials or failure to pay for lost materials will result in the loss of borrowing privileges for the child and the responsible adult.
When library materials are not returned on time, fines accrue at the rate of $1.00 per day for DVDs and videos, and $0.10 per day for all other items. A fee for lost library material is assessed when an item is 35 days overdue.
To check out library materials fines and fees must not exceed $10.00 on any card. For fines exceeding $1.00 but less than $10.00, you must pay 10% of the total fine to check out materials.
Library Card Replacements
- Expired cards are updated free of charge – bring your old card to renew.
- All replacement cards cost one dollar.
|Loan Periods||If not brought back before closing on due date:||If damaged or more than 35 days overdue.|
|4 week loan
|Fines = $.10/day||Pay cost of item
No refunds for items lost and then found (we’ve possibly replaced it already)
|2 week loan
Compact Discs (limit 6)
Magazines (no renewal)
|7 day loan
VHS & DVDs —
(no renewal,limit 7)
|Fines = $1.00/day|