Libraries Rock 2018!
General Information: Rock Out at MML!
Summer Reading includes story times, book and craft times, special programs, and prizes.
Everything you need for Summer Reading is part of your Sign-Up Package. You’ll find a Reading Log, Schedule, information about our special program performers, finishing requirements, and this year’s essay contest topic in your Libraries Rock plastic cup.
If you have any questions please feel free to call or email 419-347-5576 email@example.com.
Summer Reading Week Themes:
Sign-Up Week: May 29 – June 2 Jazz it Up! Stop in, sign-up, and receive your sign-up package.
Week 1: June 4 – June 9 Bach to Rock
Week 2: June 11 – June 16 Dance your Trebles Away
Week 3: June 18 – June 23 What’s the Name of That Musician?!
Week 4: June 25 – June 30 Nature’s Music
Week 5: July 9 – July 14 Sharing the Trumpet
Week 6: July 16 – July 19 Rocks & Roll
Program Age Groups:
Story time with Miss Jami: Age 2 – Kindergarten
Book and Craft Time with Ms. Robyn: 1st – 3rd Grade
Tackett’s Tweens with Ms. Patti: 4th – 6th Grade
Special Programs: The WHOLE family.
Calendar of Events:
- Tuesday, May 29th @ 6 pm – Mascot Night
- Tuesday, June 5th @ 10:30 am – Story Time, Book & Craft Time, Tackett’s Tweens
- @ 6 pm Boogie Woogie Kid @ Shelby Senior High School Performing Arts Center
- Wednesday, June 6th @ 1:30 – Dance Party
- Thursday, June 7th 6 pm – Dave the Magician
- Tuesday, June 12 @ 10:30 am – Story Time, Book & Craft Time, Tackett’s Tweens
- Wednesday, June 13 @ 1:30 pm – Dance Party
- Thursday, June 14th @ 1 pm – Tom Sieling, Guitarist/singer
- Tuesday, June 19th @ 10:30 am – Story Time, Book & Craft Time, Tackett’s Tweens
- Wednesday, June 20th @ 1:30 pm – Dance Party
- Thursday, June 21st @ 6 pm – Jeff Nicholas Cartoonist
- Tuesday, June 26th @ 10:30 am – Story Time, Book & Craft Time, Tackett’s Tweens
- Wednesday, June 27th @ 1:30 pm – Dance Party
- Thursday, June 28th @ 6 pm – Meet the Beetles, Dr. Insecta Bug Lab
- NO Activies the Week of July 2 – 6.
- Tuesday, July 10th @ 10:30 am – Story Time, Book & Craft, Tackett’s Tweens
- Wednesday, July 11th @ 1:30 pm – Dance Party
- @ 6 pm – Spokes & Floats Program
- Thursday, July 12th @ 6 pm – Instrumentation Exploration
- Tuesday, July 17th @ 10:30 am – Story Time, Book & Craft, Tackett’s Tweens
- Wednesday, July 18th @ 1:30 – Dance Party
- Thursday, July 19th @ 6 pm – Party –Prize Night
Summer Reading Essay Contest
Our annual Essay Contest is optional. It does not have to be completed to earn your free book, chance at Big Prizes, or count toward teen raffle slips. It is however, an opportunity for an extra prize.
Topic: Why is music important to you?
- A list of sources must be included with your essay this year. Sources are any books, articles, or songs that inspired or informed your essay.
- Essays can be typed or handwritten. Either way, make sure the cover sheet with your Name, Age, Grade in the Fall, and Phone Number is attached.
- To be considered all essays must be handed in by the time the library closes at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 19th. In paper format. Emailed submissions will not be accepted.
Kindergarten – Third Grade:
- Must write at least 1 paragraph (5 sentences)
- 1 Source: Record the title and author
- Prizes: First Place: Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, Second Place: 2 Hour Passes to Altitude Trampoline Park
Fourth – Sixth Grade
- Must write at least 3 paragraphs (3 – 5 sentences per paragraph)
- 3 sources: record the title, author, copyright date, and place of publication.
- Prizes: First Place: Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, Second Place: 2 Great Lakes Science Center Tickets.
Seventh Grade – Twelth Grade
- 5 paragraphs (5 – 7 sentences per paragraph)
- 5 sources recorded using the MLA citation format. More information of MLA citations can be found at https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/
- Prizes: First Place: Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, Second Place: 2 Kings Island Tickets